Thursday, January 7, 2010

SOAP!


I love reading SOAP. Just caught up to today's date. If you haven't read SOAP I very highly encourage you to do so. It is an amazing year-long guide to reading the Bible. Scripture. Observation. Application. Prayer. "God, what do you want me to get out of this today?" This is what I prayed this morning. And during my catch-up time...this is what I wrote down! Love it!
Just reading Mark 4:35-41…I realized Jesus calmed the sea TWICE! Not just once. He slept in the boat in the middle of the storm, how amazing His trust in God for His safety to not even be anxious! He calms the storm then. Then the separate time in Mark 6:45-52…when the disciples are in the boat by themselves, that’s when Jesus walks on the water to them and calms the storm too. Wow. For some reason I always thought he calmed the storm once…but now I realize it was twice! How cool is that! How great is my God! :)

Mark 6:31 when Jesus says to his disciples, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” Aaaah. I feel like these words were spoken into my heart this morning. I feel like it’s God’s call. For all of us. To come with Him…to a quiet place…somewhere where we can be alone and spend time with Him…to rest in Him, talk to Him, listen to Him, just be with Him. Just me and Him. The two of us. My God and me.

Mark 7:31-37, Jesus heals a deaf-mute. He didn’t just speak to the man, because the man couldn’t hear Him anyway. But he demonstrated what he would do by touching the man’s ears and tongue, then prayed so the man could see exactly what was happening, and his ears and mouth were opened. Wow. Jesus did for the man exactly what he needed. And he did it in a way that was so loving, so considerate, so meant for only him.

1 comment:

  1. Jess, thanks for following my blog! I hope you enjoy it. I have never heard of SOAP before, but it sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Feel free to join the conversation anytime. See you around!

    ReplyDelete

divine chocolate