Monday, January 25, 2010

The trials of being a MN sports fan

I could lament last night's dramatic overtime loss of my Vikings to those dirty-playing Saints...but I would get frustrated all over again, and it's just a game and not worth the extra stress. Ahh though, I was so hopeful. I don't think I've ever gotten so into a football game like I did last night.

But, as they say, there's always next year! It's true. Any team can beat any other team at any given time. Just hoping a Superbowl is in the future for the Vikings, the near future...hopefully in my lifetime?

As for my Twins...well...I am extremely optimistic that I will watch them win a World Series in my lifetime. Sooner than later, I say! Don't burst my bubble of optimism, either. The way I see it, it's better to look forward to things than dread them or second-guess them or not even give them a chance. You never know the outcome until it happens. So keep cheering, Minnesota sports fans, our time will come.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess, thanks for commenting on my blog! Ah, I was pulling for Minnesota too, as I'd love to see Favre and Manning duke it out. Oh well. We don't have anyone worth pulling for here in Kansas City.

    Glad to make your acquaintance. See you around!

    ReplyDelete

divine chocolate