Friday, February 19, 2010

1 month to go!

And the countdown begins...officially 1 month from now I will be on a plane to Europe! Ah the excitement, the nervousness, the anticipation...my first trip to Europe and I get to do it as a Global Project (for those of you who don't know, that is what my church calls mission trips)!

How do I describe the feeling? I am so thrilled to be a part of this trip…to be chosen to be a part of it. I know God has great plans. It is hard to feel worthy or qualified. I have had my parents and many of my friends reiterate over and over to me that I am the perfect person for this mission, that they can see God at work and that they are excited to see how God shows up…in fact they keep telling me how much He will! And I know He will. These feelings of inadequacy overwhelm me at times…and I have to keep reminding myself it isn’t me anyway…it’s ALL God. He’s going to work through me and use me the way He wants to. I can’t do it on my own. He knows that. And He’s still willing to use me. Aahhh. Overwhelming, what can I say?

Every day on my way to work I pass by a church’s sign with this message: “God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called.” This was posted at the beginning of January, right when I started going WHOA…what am I getting into? Is this a coincidence? I think not! It's a constant reminder that God knows better than I do and that yes, I can trust Him to come through, trust Him to provide, trust Him to guide my every step.

The thing is…I am passionate about this. I am excited about this. This sort of thing is EXACTLY what I want to be doing. I can see this going somewhere. Turning into something bigger with extreme potential. That’s how things work when we are used by God. Wow. It’s this daily struggle between feeling totally unqualified and unsure, while also knowing this is right where I need to be and exactly what I need to be doing.

For me so far, this upcoming trip has been:
  • Opportunity for God to work
  • Stretching me daily
  • Growing my faith
  • Building my trust in God
  • Teaching me to listen
  • Collaboration with others in the same field of work
  • Potential for so much MORE to come

Pray that our team will grow close and work well together, that God will lead each of us and teach us humility and give us each a servant's heart and a desire to reach those around us with His love. Pray for finances - it's not easy to raise money, but at the same time, it is extremely encouraging and exciting to see family and friends make the decision to support me and partner with me in this trip. The cool thing is whenever you donate to a friend's mission trip, a cause, etc...you essentially become a part of it. I truly am blessed to have so much support!

Is there something God has laid upon your heart recently that is taking some time for Him to work into you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

divine chocolate