Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quiet Moments

The quiet moments when God speaks are truly amazing. When I get to just sit here and listen to Him speak His love for me and remind me how He died for me so I can live with Him forever in Heaven. And how He wants that for every person on this earth. This morning was one such quiet moment that I desperately needed. It's like nothing in this world could compare to the peace I feel just knowing I am loved by God. Just knowing He lives in me and is with me and is teaching me and leading me. Just wow.

It also reminds me of those moments when I'm out in nature, and that overwhelming sense of God's goodness and peace just envelops me. Have you ever felt this way? It's so hard to describe and put into words. But it is truly amazing and I love these moments. Unforgettable.



Psalm 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God..."

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!

    The most dramatic memory I have of feeling that way in nature was when I went up to Victoria Peak on Hong Kong Island by myself at sunset. Looking down on an impressive panorama of skyscapers and docks juxtaposed against the greenness of the islands below and the yellows and grays of the brilliant sun and puffy clouds above really set me in awe of God and his creation.

    The really cool thing though is that as I've been growing closer to God, the emotion I felt and the praise and thankfulness it spurred are happening more and more often with even just "little" things. Weird (at least in the world's eyes), but awesome! Only happens when I slow down and give time to God though, as you've also seen, which sadly still doesn't happen anywhere near enough.

    ReplyDelete

divine chocolate