Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Time Lapse

I'm terrible, I know. I haven't posted for a few days. Royal failure. But I've been caught up in life. Relaxing. Trying to remove myself from work and normal everyday stuff and focus on God and find His plan for me. You know, that kind of stuff. So, sorry for the time lapse. I would love it if I got a million comments asking me to keep blogging and asking me where I've been for the past few days....no such luck. Oh well, then you're just going to get stuck with my ramblings, because I figure with my 5 friends as my followers and those of you who occasionally stop by for a quick "scroll-through," people aren't dying to hear what I have to say. If you are, let me know, that'd be a major ego-booster, let me tell ya. On a more serious note, it's okay. I have aspiring visions of being a blogger and possibly envision writing a book someday, maybe a book about my blog, maybe a book about my travels, who knows? My grandpa has always been asking me when I'm going to write the next great novel. Never thought too much about it until now. Am I supposed to write a book? Better yet, what am I supposed to do with my life besides work (I also envision people being curious about what I do...not exceptionally glamorous, but hey, if you're curious, I'll tell you) and just living a normal, everyday life.

God has great things in store. That much He's told me this past weekend. He told me He's got me covered. He holds my entire family in His hands...and has a pretty good plan for us, too. The struggles we go through are only temporary and faith-building. There's a time lapse between the major stepping stones of our life. We get impatient because we're always wondering what our next step is. We fail to realize there's a huge time lapse in the Bible, too, oftentimes years go by between chapters and we read them like they happened the next day. That realization was a wake-up call for me, at least.

So, Jess, what's the next chapter in your life? Well...thanks for asking. Europe. I am going to Europe. My 5th mission trip. Definitely not where I saw myself going this year, but that's another story in itself. Which brings me to another question. Have you ever been on a mission trip? And if so, where?

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the blogging! At the very least it's a goad for those of us who also want to blog but have been to lazy to do so yet :p. I personally wish I had done more blogging (or at the very least journaling) in these past few years of my life, since though God's been doing so much in my life and on my mind I find myself sadly eventually forgetting most of it and having to re-learn later :/. Don't stop!

    Some thoughts your post stirred in my mind while reading it (because I'm too lazy to write proper paragraphs :p):

    - Very important yet very overlooked taking quality time out for 1-on-1 with God. Though my amount of joy and percentage of heavenly-mindedness strongly correlates with the amount of time I spend with Him, I somehow keep filling up that time with other much less worthy stuff.
    - Going intellectually and spiritually deep with friends, as you're pretty much doing with blog posts like this, is done way too little nowadays. Why is it we always seem to fill our precious times together with distractions rather than that which is so much more fulfilling? I can think of so many examples...
    - Yeah, some jobs (hair stylist, wedding photographer) are definitely much more self-descriptive than others (copywriter, software engineer). Even the ones that are self-descriptive rarely do the job justice. It'd be a pretty cool project for all of us to write a "day in the life" someday and share them together :)
    - Why is it we always seem to be striving towards a "normal, everyday life" when Jesus tells us that true followers of Him will never (and should never) obtain it? You'd think we'd get it stuck in our skulls at some point, but thanks to our sinful, worldly nature our neighbor's grass always seems to look so perfect and green. Even in a "normal" house, at a "normal" job, with "normal" friends, the kingdom of the world is so different from the kingdom of God that we still should be visibly "abnormal" to those that see us.

    Sorry about this long comment that didn't even answer the one question you asked, but I had some free time and a writing itch that needed to be satisfied -- thanks for helping with that :p

    ReplyDelete

divine chocolate