Friday, May 28, 2010

Adrift

The last couple days - I’ve been thinking about life. Missing Europe. Wondering about what’s to come. Wanting to get my butt moving in a direction I can see, feel, etc. These thoughts are common after a mission trip. You start thinking, ‘where the HECK is my life going?’ and 'what can I do to change it?' It’s a time of praying, God, what do you want from me? Seeking.

At the moment I feel adrift. Adrift in a flurry of activities - where I can see God working and moving and tangibly alive - and at the same time I’m questioning every part of my life, such as my real reason for doing things, my motives, the heart and passion behind what I call faith.

I want to make every second we had over in Europe count. I want to write. I journaled while we were over there, but now that I'm back, it's hard to focus. To grab a hold of those thoughts and tie down something concrete.

So the problem is…I just don’t know what to write yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

divine chocolate