Wednesday, May 5, 2010

With wild abandon

Wanted to share something I wrote a month ago...a moment of inspiration...wow I needed to read this again!

Seek God with your whole heart. Love Him with wild abandon. Follow Him without asking questions...just go. Why? Because He asked you to. Because His plan is bigger than yours. It's better than you can imagine. Is it going to be easy? Probably not. Should that stop you? Not at all, because if you know His true character, you know that God loves you with wild abandon. You know that He won't ever leave you or forsake you. You know that He'll take care of you. He'll sweep you off your feet. He'll drown you in His passionate love for you! When you follow Him, no matter how hard those first steps are, or how much the middle drags on, or the end will never seem to be in sight...He's with you every step of the way. Whispering to you. Walking with you. Waiting for you to seek Him more. Trust Him more. Pray more for this world and His people who desperately need Him. And you know what He wants more than anything? You to say yes. "Yes, God, I'll go." If you ask me to go, I'll follow. I'll actually, physically, get off my butt and go wherever you want me to. Because I know you'll equip me. I know you'll take care of me. I know you love me with wild abandon. I know you have incredible plans for me. You treasure me. You want to use me to further your kingdom. To shine your love to ALL nations, ALL people, so that no one can say they haven't heard of you and heard of your love and your goodness and your grace and your Son Jesus!

God, help me to be all You have created me to be!

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! As I read it I was thinking, "I wonder who wrote this?" and then I realized it was you (because, of course, you'd said so.) Truly a great piece of writing and a great heart for God.

    ReplyDelete

divine chocolate