Friday, September 3, 2010

Camping on the North Shore!

Lake Superior up on the North Shore is probably, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Really. Every time I go there I'm in awe. I was able to go camping up there last weekend with a few friends...we had an absolute BLAST and didn't stop laughing the entire trip! God's blessed me with incredible friendships and lots of people who like the same things I do...which is amazing. Highlights of the weekend were:

  • Rounding the bend to see the gorgeous Baptism River waterfall on our "dangerous" evening hike
  • Clifftop chats
  • Spontaneous singing around the campfire
  • Making chocolate chip cookie s'mores...the newest, greatest invention!
  • Watching the stars
  • Searching for agates
  • The best morning devo EVER
  • Mattress surfing!!! Oh yes we did!
  • Watching the fog roll in across Lake Superior

There's so much more I could say. But I think I'll leave it at that for now. It was a fabulous weekend. Can't wait for next year! :-)

I've included a couple photos my friends took. Here is a snapshot of our weekend :).



My favorite beach

In front of the amazing waterfall

Baptism River at dusk


Hiking Shovel Point

Girl time :)
Giant JENGA, anyone?

MATTRESS SURFING! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

divine chocolate