Monday, February 14, 2011

A little jealous

A dear, sweet family, the Princes, just moved to Swaziland, Africa, a couple days ago. I miss them already. I love their precious kiddies. I just oh-so-love this family in general, they are so genuine and embody Christ’s love to everyone around them. Swaziland will be forever changed because of them and what God’s going to do through them. And I have to admit, I’m a little jealous! Not in a bad sort of way, but in a “Wow, they are where they’re supposed to be” kind of way. They are in Africa! The place where God has called them. It’s just SO COOL! My little missionary heart yearns for that…that “new place” excitement…exploring the new scenery, culture, people…the trusting God every step of the way, every moment of the day part, because it’s the way life is over there…
And I long for that. To be in the place God has called me to be. With that assurance that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be. The excitement of exploring that new place, culture, people, and realizing you already have a deep, unexplained love for them that could only come from God.

I don’t know…maybe it’s the travel bug, or a fascination with the idea of missions, or maybe, just maybe, it’s really God who is tugging on my heart. In what direction, I don’t know specifically yet, but I’m starting to figure out a couple distinct passions that He has given me. How I will direct those passions into ministry and my life in general, I don’t yet know. That’s okay. I just want to follow Him and love others the way that He loves me. I want to make a difference. So it starts with saying yes, every day, to His calling. To remembering daily the price He paid for me, because He loved me so much, so how can I help but praise Him and show others this great love?

A little jealous of the sweet Prince family today as they explore and enjoy the mysteries of their new home. And, I’m looking forward to what God has in store, not just for me, but for everyone I know and for my church, because God is up to something big. He always has been, and always will be, but in this moment, I know without a doubt that He has a plan and wants us to be a part of it. What is your part in God’s plan? Pray about it. Seek Him. He’ll tell you. Our God is such a trustworthy, AWESOME, HUGE God. He knows you. He loves you. He’s calling you. Can you hear Him? It all starts with being willing and saying yes to Him. The best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

divine chocolate