Thursday, February 10, 2011

Whispers in the Wind

This is a poem I wrote when I was in high school. I used to write a lot of poems then. I still like to do it, but don't get to often. It's one of those things that with a spark of inspiration, the whole thing just flies from my brain all the way to my fingertips, and I can't help but race to find a pen or a computer so I can jot it down before it's gone. It's almost always in praise to God, too, which is the best :). I love writing to please and praise Him! So anyways, hope you enjoy...for some reason this has always been a favorite. A little ethereal, too. I love picturing angels surrounding me, protecting me. God is always near.

Whispers in the Wind
Hark, a silent breath,
whispers in the wind.
Gently flowing here, there,
never ceasing.

The brush of angels’ wings
cascading down the stair,
to help me know
I’m not alone;
He’s with me everywhere.

My God, my God,
I’m in your tender care,
help me to know,
I’m not alone,
that you’re with me everywhere.

Hark, the brush of angels’, wings.
Listen,
and you shall hear,
the gentle whispers,
faint,
but there.

Then you’ll know you’re not alone,
He’s with you everywhere.

1 comment:

divine chocolate